KiloVault 1800 CHLX 1800wH 150ah Deep Cycle LiFePO4 Lithium Battery – Cold Rated + NO Sales Tax & Lifetime Customer Support The CHLX Series lithium kilovault battery includes all the advantages of the HLX Series with the added benefit of cold weather operation. Internal heating technology allows the battery…
KiloVault 1800 CHLX 1800wH / 150ah Deep Cycle LiFePO4 Lithium Battery – Cold Rated + NO Sales Tax& Lifetime Customer Support
The CHLX Series lithium kilovault battery includes all the advantages of the HLX Series with the added benefit of cold weather operation. Internal heating technology allows the battery to continue charging, even when the ambient temperature is well below zero. These 1800wh / 150 amp-hour LiFePO4 batteries are cold-rated, smarter, safer, and make for longer-lasting energy storage.
Take Charge Even When Its Freezing
When the ambient temperature is below 32ºF / 0°C, the charging current will flow to the heating film to warm up the battery first, and switch to normal charging when the battery’s internal temperature raises up to 32ºF / 0°C.
The Safer Lithium Battery Technology
KiloVaults LFP technology isnt subject to the thermal run-away issues as with other lithium technologies. No active cooling needed.
Deep Cycle, Up to 100% DoD
Hammer the battery with 100% discharge every day and even after 2000 cycles 80%+ of the batterys capacity will be there for you. Discharge it less and the story gets even better.
Higher Efficiency, Less Waste
You’ll get 8 to 14% more usable stored energy compared to lead-acid batteries thanks to higher efficiencies in the HLX series.
HLX series has a lower cost per watt-hour stored per cycle than lead-acid batteries due to long cycle life and greater depth of discharge capability.
Integrated Bluetooth for Monitoring
Built-in Bluetooth and the convenient KiloVault HLX app make monitoring battery health and performance easy.
KiloVault 1800 CHLX 1800wH / 150ah Deep Cycle LiFePO4 Lithium Battery Electrical Specs:
- Model CHLX 1800
- Rated Capacity 1800Wh
- Rated Voltage 12.8V DC
- Nominal Amp-Hour Capacity 150Ah
- Full Charge Voltage 14.6 ±0.2V
- Continuous Discharge Current 150A
- Maximum Discharge Current 150A (cont.)
- Peak Discharge Current (u0026lt3 secs) 500A
- Standard Charge Current 100A
- Maximum Charge Current 150A
- Discharge Cut-Off Voltage 11.5V
KiloVault 1800 CHLX 1800wH / 150ah Deep Cycle LiFePO4 Lithium Battery Features:
- Operating Temperature Range Charging: 32 – 113°F (0 – 45°C) (Internal to Battery) Discharging: -4 – 140°F (-20 60°C)
- Ambient Temperature Range Charging: -22 to 113ºF (-30 to 45ºC) (External to Battery)
- Internal Heating: Approx. 1.5 hours to warm battery from -22ºF to 32ºF ( -30ºC to 0°C)
- Optimal Temperature Range: 59 95°F (15 35°C)
- Self-Discharge Rate: ?2% per month
- Estimated # of Cycles Until 80%: 2000 cycles @ 100% Depth of Discharge of Rated Wh Capacity
- Remains 5000 cycles @ 80% Depth of Discharge
- Voltage Configurations: 12, 24, 36 or 48V
- Maximum Configuration: 4 batteries in parallel OR 4 batteries in series (4) – not both
- Battery Management System: Monitors and optimizes charge and discharge for each cell, provides overcharge, over-discharge, temperature, and short circuit protection
- Maximum Time Between Charges 6 months
- Warranty 7.5 Year Limited Warranty
- Monitoring Built-in Bluetooth and HLX app for on-site battery status monitoring
KiloVault 1800 CHLX 1800wH / 150ah Deep Cycle LiFePO4 Lithium Battery Physical Specs:
- Weight: 45.2 lbs. (20.5 kg)
- Height 9.4 in (240 mm)
- Width 19.1 in (485 mm)
- Depth 6.7 in (170 mm)
Cold Rated Batteries, Things to Know:
- The 1800 CHLX heater is 96W while the 3600 CHLX heater is 192W.
- A maximum of 4 batteries can be used in series or parallel, but not both. The CHLX are programmed so that when they are in parallel or series if one gets cold enough to start heating, all of the CHLX in series or parallel will start heating. This is to prevent widely different power draws and states of charge in the battery bank when some are heating and cannot charge, while others are warm enough to charge. As the communication between the CHLX happens through the power cables, if connected this way, this communication can not take place.
- In both batteries, the heater starts at an external temperature of 0°C (32°F).
- Heating stops when the battery reaches an internal temperature of 10°C (50°F). However, the battery will continue heating even after the battery reaches a low temp protection release of 39°F (4°C).
- Below an external temperature of -30°C (-22°F), the heat dissipation is too great to bring the battery up to temp.
- When the batteries are on an AC charger, it takes about 2 hours to warm the battery from an internal temperature of -30°C (-22°F) to 10°C (50°F).
- It will take about 1.5 hours to warm the battery from an internal temperature of -20°C (-4°F) to 10°C (50°F).
- When the batteries are charging with solar, it might take a longer time, depending upon the charger output.
BEFORE COMMISSIONING YOUR SYSTEM…
- Each battery must be individually charged to 14.0V before placing it into operation with other batteries. Otherwise, the batteries will independently hit full or empty and shut off before others in the same battery bank.
- Equalization charge must be turned off in your solar charge controller or AC charger. If left on, the equalization charge will raise the voltage too high, damage the batteries and void the warranty.
- Bulk/Absorption charge voltage should be set to no higher than 14.0V for a 12V system, 28.0V for a 24V system, and 56.0V for a 48V system (and lower for high amp chargers). Going any higher risks one or more batteries automatically shutting off in a high voltage protection mode.
- Similarly, the Low Voltage Cut-Off on the inverter should be set for no lower than 12.0V, 24.0V, and 48.0V for a 12V, 24V, and 48V system, respectively. Going any lower risks one or more batteries automatically shutting off in a low voltage protection mode.
- When turning on breakers to inverters, charge controllers, battery monitors, etc. connected to the batteries wait 45-60 seconds between powering up each device. The KiloVaults battery management system has special circuitry to detect short circuits and protect itself. Many brands of inverters, charge controllers, and battery monitors will present a very high but very brief surge that can be interpreted as a short. The KiloVault can handle one of these shorts every 45-60 seconds.Alternatively, in most circumstances, all devices can be powered up at once but the batteries will go into auto-protect mode and turn off for 30-60 seconds but then restart normally.
- Be sure to tighten the battery terminals before operating. Failure to do so will lead to the terminals overheating, melting the case, and potentially cause a fire.